where to shop
Stockton's Main Street, located near U.S. Route 20, has plenty of shopping options from antiques to unique gifts and more.
where to eat
From food on the go to down-home cooking, you'll find a variety of dining choices throughout Stockton.
where to stay
We are confident you will find a place to stay here in Stockton that's in budget and has all the amenities you're looking for.
Featured business | Village & Chamber news
Notices & Reports
Changes to Recycling Procedures
ONLY FOR HOUSEHOLDS WHERE A MEMBER HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 OR SHOWING SYMPTOMS: Gill's Freeport Disposal is asking all of their materials be bagged and thrown in the garbage, including those items that would normally be recyclable. Stockton is supporting Gill's in taking these measures to protect their employees, as there is a lot of contact between their employees and the materials. Gill's is ONLY picking up trash that is bagged/in garbage cans. They are not picking up bulk items at this time. Please help share this information with your friends, family and neighbors.
Water Bill Payment
Thanks to a generous grant from Freeport Community Foundation for the Village of Stockton, with funds from the Illinois COVID-19 Response Fund, assistance in paying your water/ sewer/ garbage bill will be available to businesses and residents who have suffered hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you need assistance, please contact Cheryl at Village Hall (815)947-9859 for details.
Attention Stockton Sewer Customers - Beginning in April 2021, the Village will be completing a waste water treatment improvements project.
The Spring burn dates for landscape waste will run from April 16 through April 25, 2021. All burning of landscape waste shall be carried out in compliance with Ordinance No. 674.
Fiber Internet in Stockton
We have the opportunity to get Fiber Internet in Stockton from Sand Prairie! All you have to do is show interest. Fiber internet is the fastest internet in the world today. This would benefit our community as whole.
PLEASE follow these instructions!
- Go to connectsp.com/about-us
- Click "Fiber Communities" at the top
- Click "Stockton"
- Click the area you live in or the location of your business on the map.
- It will ask for your address, then your name and information
- Click "Submit"
Waste/Water Bill Notice
- Starting January 1, 2021 the basic user rate will change to ten dollars ($10.00) per the first one thousand (1,000) gallons, with one thousand (1,000) gallons being the minimum. Above 1,000 gallons, the rate shall be fifty cents ($0.50) per one hundred (100) gallons.
- Debt Service Charge: a debt service charge of fifteen dollars ($15.00) per user per month shall be applied to all non-industrial sewage generators starting January 1, 2021.